Curried Cod in Tomato Sauce
What You Need
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. ginger, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 14oz. (400g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 x 14 oz. (400g) can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cod fillets (5 oz./140g each)
- zest 1 lemon, then cut into wedges
- handful fresh coriander, to serve
- salt and pepper
What You Need To Do
Heat the olive oil over a high heat in a large pan. Use a pan that has a lid!
Cook the onion for 5 minutes, then stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Now, add in the tomatoes, chickpeas and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 8-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add in the cod fillets and cover them with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
Once cooked, sprinkle over the grated lemon zest and chopped coriander. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Menu Ingredients Information
High in Protein Over 20g a Serving
1234 Divi St. #1000 San Francisco, CA 33945